Important DatesResearch Paper Abstract Submission -
April 25, 2008
Full Research Paper Submission -
11:59 PM May 3, 2008, Apia Time(Deadline Extended)
Research Paper Notification -
July 28, 2008
The 19th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE) focuses on the practice and theory of software systems reliability engineering. The conference will provide an in-depth representation of both software reliability engineering (SRE) theory and experimentation. This year's strong focus will be bridging the gap between academic research and industrial use of SRE techniques.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Reliability, availability, and safety of software systems
- Validation and verification, testing
- Software quality
- Software security
- Fault tolerance, survivability, and resilience of software systems
- Systems (hardware + software) reliability engineering
- Services reliability engineering
- Open source software reliability engineering
- Metrics and measurements, estimation, prediction of quality/reliability
- Supporting tools and automation
- Industry best practices
- Empirical studies of any of the above topics
Submission: ISSRE 2008 is soliciting original, unpublished research papers in two categories: (1) regular papers and (2) practical experience reports. The length is limited to 10 and 6 pages IEEE style, respectively.
All papers must be submitted through the web-based submission system in PDF format. Papers must be written in English, and be formatted according to the IEEE authoring guidelines. Papers that exceed the page limits specified above, are outside the scope of the symposium, or do not follow the formatting guidelines will be rejected without review.
Best papers: The best articles including an empirical or quantitative component, will be considered for publication in the Empirical Software Engineering journal.